Pastoral Lay Visitors
St.Teilo's has a team of 8 trained pastoral lay visitors. The training programme consisted of seven two hour sessions enabling members of the team to consider what is important in a helping, listening relationship. Sessions included:
- Exploring the different skills required for effective listening
- Opportunities for sharing experience and ideas about good practice in pastoral visiting
- Careful consideration of important issues relating to safe pastoral care, trust and confidentiality
- An understanding of the place of pastoral lay ministry within the wider life and mission of the Church
- An appreciation of what is distinctive about Christians involved in pastoral care
The role of the Pastoral Lay Visitor is to offer friendship, support and a listening ear to members of our community who would appreciate such things. This might include former worshipers of St. Teilo’s who are no longer able to get to Church because of ill health, disability or changed circumstances. It might also include those who have experienced bereavement or some other stress or trauma.
If you would like a visit from one of the team or know of someone who might appreciate such a visit, this can be easily arranged. A telephone call from one of our Visiting Team will offer to make a mutually convenient appointment at your home.
Following the initial visit, if you would like to arrange for our Rector Rev’d Andrew Pearce to call to discuss any further concerns or to arrange for you to receive Home Communion, the Lay Visitor will be happy to inform him of this.
We hope that people living in the Parish of Bishopston will welcome the Ministry offered by our Pastoral Lay Visitor Team and that it will give an opportunity to strengthen or renew your connection with your Parish Church.
For further information or a discussion, please contact Ann Roberts on 01792 234227.
Copyright © St. Teilo's, Bishopston 2004 - 2015.
Registered Charity Number: 1130938